Nearly 25% of SATELLITE 2016 attendees traveled from outside of the U.S. representing 100+ countries!
As technologies and solutions are transforming the way we live, work, and interact on a global scale, SATELLITE brings the market leading companies and brands behind this transformation together in one place. We invite you to join us for the most important global satellite communications event of the year and largest gathering of ALL markets in the satellite community.
The SATELLITE Conference and Exhibition provides our international participants an excellent venue for networking with prospective business partners, as well as maintain a current awareness of the issues and opportunities facing the global satellite-enabled communications marketplace.
Plan your trip to SATELLITE 2017 today:
- Register for SATELLITE 2017 – coming soon!
- U.S. Visa Information
- Tips for a Successful Visa Interview
- Request a Letter of Invitation
- Download the 2016 Multi-lingual Brochure
U.S. Visa Information
Helpful quick links from the U.S. Department of State:
- Business Visa Center
- Learn how to apply for a business related (B-1) visitor visa
- Find your country’s embassies and consulates to find out how to make an interview appointment, pay the visa application fee, and much more
- Learn more about Business Travel to the United States on a visitor visa
- Frequently asked questions
To estimate how long you will have to wait to get an interview appointment to apply for a visa, please go to the Visa Wait Time web site.
Tips for a Successful Visa Interview
Request your letter of invitation and make your appointment for a visa interview early. Wait times for a visa interview can be several weeks or more in many countries, especially during peak travel periods. With this in mind, you are strongly urged to place your request for a letter of invitation to attend SATELLITE 2017 as soon as possible.
Here are some tips to make your visa interview successful:
- Request a letter of invitation from SATELLITE 2017 by the beginning of September 2016. The sooner you request your letter of invitation, the better, as it may take longer to apply for a visitor visa.
- Schedule an appointment with your embassy as soon as you receive your visa. Make your appointment early as wait times can be long in some countries. Please request your letter of invitation before you make your appointment and make sure you have your letter available for your interview.
- Verify fees and requirements. Click here to find out about visa fees and methods of payment accepted by the embassy or consulate. The website also contains information on other requirements such as photographs.
- Show proof of “strong ties” that bind you to your country of residence. The consular officers conducting interviews look for proof that you will return to your country. Evidence of “strong ties” includes proof of business ownership or employment, social and family relationships.
- If you have traveled to the U.S. previously, provide documentation demonstrating that you returned to your country on time. Use an airline ticket stub or boarding pass to show your return flight or meeting materials that show you attended a business conference as proof that you returned within the timeframe you stated.
- With your application, include any materials SATELLITE 2017 may have sent you. Include with your application any printed conference materials you received from SATELLITE 2017 to prove that the conference and exhibition is a legitimate business event.
- Present your entire trip itinerary with your application. Include any plans you may have to travel to any countries other than the United States, at the time of visa application.
Getting a visa is easy if you are prepared. Interviews typically last no more than 5 minutes and the questions are related to confirming your travel plans and ties to your home country. Remember, wait times can be long for visa processing. Please contact SATELLITE 2017 at Inquiry@SATShow.com if you have any concerns.