SATELLITE 2018 Confirms New Speakers to the Conference Program
Rockville, MD. – Friday, January 26, 2018 – SATELLITE Conference & Exhibition, the largest global satellite and space technology show, taking place March 12-15, 2018 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington D.C., has recently added several notable speakers to the conference program.
From government and telecommunications to automotive manufacturers, media and broadcasting, agriculture and large consumer-focused companies – satellites continue to play a larger role as more and more industries become connected, and the conference content reflects this spread of influence.
Speakers recently confirmed for the program include:
- Congressman C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger (D-MD) will deliver a special keynote and welcome address at the Satellite Executive of the Year Award Luncheon on Wednesday, March 14, hosted by Via Satellite The Congressman’s remarks will include updates on satellite service acquisition policy, and insight from his work on the powerful U.S. House Appropriations committee and Homeland Security subcommittees.
- Will Jamieson, CEO, Stream and William Fisher, CEO, YuVue will speak during the panel session, “Building the Ultimate Entertainment Package: Content Consolidation in the IoT, OTT Ecosystem,” an opportunity for satellite industry attendees to learn how OTT/streaming services plan to compete for and capture new audiences.
- Glen DeVos, CTO, Aptiv, is set to speak on the connected car panel, titled “IoT on the Road: Connected Consumer Vehicles, OTT, and the Self-Driving Car,” which will focus on the contribution that satellite communications can provide to such verticals and which are the most promising applications that satellite communications can target.
- Bob Smith, the new CEO of Blue Origin, will speak during the “Monday Closing Power Session – Launch Services Panel: Breaking Through the Bottleneck” to discuss the impact of reusable rockets and other technologies on turnaround times.
- Fabio Agostini, CIO, Silversea Cruises; Guillermo Muniz, Director of Satellite and Network Engineering, Royal Caribbean Cruises; and Reza Rasoulian, Vice President of Global Connectivity & Shipboard Technology Operations, Carnival Corporation, will speak on the Mobile Connectivity Forum session “Maritime Focus: Bringing Cruise Lines, Superyachts and Large Passenger Ships Up to Speed.”
To view the full speaker line-up and conference agenda, please visit https://satellite18.mapyourshow.com/7_0/sessions/index.cfm or www.SATShow.com.
To hear these and dozens of other thought-leaders and experts at SATELLITE, register for an All-Access pass at www.SATShow.com or https://www.xpressreg.net/register/SATE0318/landing.asp?sc=PR4
SATELLITE 2018 will be held March 12-15, 2018 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center located at 801 Mt Vernon Pl NW, Washington, D.C. 20001. Early Bird registration for SATELLITE 2018 is open from now until December 15, 2017 – visit our website www.SATShow.com and sign up early to secure the lowest price on conference passes.
To apply for press credentials, visit http://2018.satshow.com/media-press/.
Follow SATELLITE 2018
Twitter: www.twitter.com/SATELLITEDC (@SATELLITEDC, #SATShow)
About SATELLITE 2018
SATELLITE unites 14,500 aerospace and connectivity thought leaders, entrepreneurs, executives, engineers, end-users and enthusiasts from over 150 countries for the largest and most important global satellite technology event of the year. Serving all industries looking to better their business operations or enhance their strategy through connectivity, the SATELLITE Conference and Exhibition will take place on March 12-15, 2018 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington D.C. For more information, visit www.SATShow.com.
Contact: Isabel Burnham, Sr. Marketing Coordinator